Friday 4 January 2008

African Food

I am back to my normal ranting ways. sad isn't it. I must be an angry person under this lovely exterior. Anyway I have good reason to rant. I have started a new journey which is the online magazine, Safara Magazine. It is a world's first I believe. It is the world's first publication, online or otherwise, which is totally dedicated to African food, drink and travel. Infact, African food does not usually get a look in in other magazines or websites. There is the small matter of Moroccan food which has started to get noticed. You can now see a number of different Moroccan dishes on supermarket shelves. But still I wait for the really good African restaurants. Don't get me wrong there are a number of African restaurants but I am still wondering why we don't see any African restaurants in the top rated restaurants? I am quite annoyed that in all the time I have been reading the Caterer magazine I have never seen an African restaurant or caterer featured in the magazine. I have even decided not to renew my subscription because I don't feel that ethnic food is even being considered by the magazine's editor and writers. We need to do something about it. Get African restaurants up to scratch and get African food out there. People need to find out about African culture through its wonderful food.

No comments: